Serving the Nation from Ohio • 412-557-2117 • •
• Creative Copywriter • Editor • Web Content Developer • Social Media Manager • Branding Guru
• Graphic Designer • Marketing Visionary.
36 years’ experience creating and managing award-winning advertising and marketing campaigns for national and regional clients. Exceptionally skilled at translating brand and marketing strategies into advertising that sells.
STRENGTHS AND ABILITIES
• Persuasive, creative ad copy and editorial writing
• Social network and mobile media marketing
• Innovative marketing concepts
• New product introduction and launch
• Web content and design
• Skilled commercial music composer/producer
SST Studios and Rentals, New York, NY 2007 - Present
Marketing & Advertising Director
As a songwriter/producer, I composed soundtracks and theme songs for documentary films and recording artists. As a marketing director, I created the company website, logo, and branding campaign. Interacted and assisted nationally-known recording artists and production managers in planning recording sessions and tours.
Acker Creative Coast-to-Coast 2002 - present
Copywriter/Graphic Designer/Marketing Consultant/Commercials Music/Writer-Editor
Worked with numerous clients, on award-winning and sales-generating projects, both long-term and short term, such as • Johnston & Murphy and Dockers Shoes • Sara Lee Foods • Cadillac-Fairview Malls Corp. • Dollar General Stores • Numerous local, regional, and national healthcare organizations, financial organizations, publishing companies, universities, and others. A verifiable record of sales.
General Telecom/U.S. Telephone/Global Marketing Nashville, TN 1987-2002
Marketing Director/Creative Director/Project Manager
• Supervised the implementation of company procedures, test marketing, Internet strategies, database marketing, and advertising copy
• Assisted the president in developing groundbreaking telecom products that resulted in unprecedented sales and market-leading innovations.
• Co-created and implemented an innovative point-of-sale video system for grocery stores called ValueVision, produced its programming, and managed its markets • Wrote telemarketing scripts and supervised five telemarketing rooms in the Southeast, resulting in annual sales in excess of $3 million.
GodwinGroup/Bill Hudson & Associates Jackson, MS/Nashville, YN 1982-1987
Copywriter/Broadcast Producer/Project Manager 1982-1987
• Created numerous advertising, marketing, and public relations campaigns for a wide range of business-to-business and consumer clients. Responsibilities included writing copy for ads, sales materials, white papers, trade publication articles, television and radio commercials.
• Conceived and implemented a national adult education program for Dollar General Stores resulting in more than 10 million customers obtaining GED Certificates and/or learning to read. President Reagan presented Chairman Cal Turner Jr. with his Presidential Award for Private Initiatives in 1987, and the program also earned Saturday Evening Post’s “Benjamin Franklin Award.” Evolved into the Dollar General Literacy Foundation in 1992.
The Capitol Reporter, Jackson, MS 1978-1981
• Wrote an entertainment column for this weekly Mississippi newspaper
• Eulogy for John Lennon was personally selected by Yoko Ono for reprint in the Spirit Foundation book, A Tribute to John Lennon.
LAW, Northeast Ohio/Atlanta, GA 1971-1977
Principal Songwriter/Lead Guitarist
• Nationally popular rock band
• Recorded three major-label albums for GRC and MCA Records
• Signed to MCA personally by Roger Daltrey of The Who
• Toured extensively throughout the decade with the era’s most popular hit acts, such as The Who, Alice Cooper, Bob Seger, Queen, and countless others.
Mississippi College, Clinton, MS 1982-1985
• Graduated 1985 with a B.S.B.A. in Business and Communications in 3 ½ years with a 3.45 GPA while also working full time for Godwin Group Advertising Agency.